A Gorgeous 4000 sq ft, 3 story villa, on 5 acres of lush mature landscapes, surrounded by over 40 acres of Mountain Conservation land. Bright spacious interiors with cathedral ceilings, patios and open decks with mountain, and sunset views. It has four bedrooms and 3 baths with 3 wood burning fireplaces and relaxed furnishings. The Villa is tastefully decorated, a perfect blend of rustic style and gracious comfort.
The rooms glow with soft lighting, statues and woodcarvings of archetypes. Gentle waves of the fragrance of tea leaves with a hint of sage linger in the space. During the day, the sun shines in flooding each room with natural light and framing spectacular views from every single window. At night soft warm lighting can be controlled with dimmers.
Naturally beautiful surroundings. Many tranquil settings everywhere for everyone to find a peaceful space to retreat to. The feel of the property is that of being in one's home. Take a stroll in the beautiful gardens or sit by the fountains. Dine outside on the Wisteria covered patios and relax in our intimate gazebo. During the warmer days you may find yourself unwinding on the floating bed at the top of the property or hammocks. In winter time enjoy the fireplaces on the comfy armchairs in every room on the ground level. The generous space ofTara Main House facilitates a wonderful deepening into your own meditative space.
GROUND LEVEL: -Foyer: Generous entry way that exhibits the welcoming and spacious atmosphere of this home away from home. A welcoming open entryway that leads you to every aspect of this gorgeous house. In the foyer there is a guest half bathroom also featuring the stairway that leads to the upstairs bedrooms and second floor terrace.
- Living Room 1: Multiple glass doors opening to outdoor patio with mountain and garden views, fireplace, library, 9' long wide couch/daybed, and coffee table. Open floor plan is open to the foyer and also leads to the airy kitchen.
- Living Room 2: Spacious with high cathedral ceiling, gorgeous glass patio doors opening to a balcony with mountain and garden views. A comfortable couch, round dining table for 8, and fireplace create a cozy atmosphere for communing.
-Kitchen: A food lovers dream, large and fully-equipped, well-stocked chef's gourmet kitchen, a joy to cook in. All-Clad pots and pans, top of the line appliances, two sub-zero refrigerators, Viking range, dishwasher, and other appliances.
The kitchen is brought together with a grand rustic Mexican dining table and benches (seating for 10).
- Master Bedroom: A vast room with a king bed, fireplace, full bathroom, (with large bathtub, separate shower, double sinks), glass patio doors leading to the main veranda, and built in armoire.
UPSTAIRS: - Bedroom 2: Queen platform bed, shared full bathroom with bathtub/shower, desk, and armoire. - Bedroom 3: Queen platform bed, shared full bathroom with bathtub/shower, desk, and armoire.
- Den: An open space family room, that is kid friendly with games and toys. Double glass doors leads to the terrace.
- Terrace: Partially covered with wooden lattice and corrugated plastic roofing to enjoy this patio rain or shine, expansive 180 degree views of the canyons, Balinese daybed and Ping Pong table.
- Laundry facility - Bedroom 4: (available for $98 additional rent) A queen bed, full bathroom with bathtub/shower, desk, double glass doors that leads to a private patio.
*The lower ground bedroom has its own separate driveway and entrance.
Internet Wi-Fi access, central heat, air conditioning, Sonos surround sound system, and film projector. Guests are welcome to enjoy the wide selection of books and magazines.
- We have installed an AT&T Microcell tower on our property to get cell service in our home. If you have At&T, we can enter your #'s for you to receive cell service as well. Otherwise there is no cell reception on Old Topanga.
Availability: Please go to our rental calendar for open availability and rates. Different rates will apply for photography productions and private events.
Main house images below: